CAT, CMAT or MAT-Which one is better for you
Students tend to get confused as to which management test could be better; well this article may answer all your questions.
There are many management entrance tests prevalent in the country which is quite popular amongst all the management aspirants such as CAT, CMAT, MAT, GMAT, MH-CET and other state level or institution designed entrance test such as SNAP etc. But the most popular among them are undoubtedly CAT, then MAT and then comes CMAT on the popularity scale of management entrance test. CAT is organized by the IIMs every year, CMAT by AICTE, and MAT by AIMA. There are many primary differences between these primary entrance examinations on the basis of difficulty level, quality of college offered, number of test takers etc. Choosing which MBA entrance exam to appear for among several MBA entrance exams appears to be a tough choice, considering the application fee, application process, and preparation which go into to gain a good percentile.
Let's have a look at how the three most popular management entrance exams in the country differ from one another.
CAT Vs CMAT VS MAT
We will analyze CAT, CMAT and MAT on the basis of three important aspects, i.e. quality of questions, quality of colleges offered and number of test takers.
Quality of Questions-
- CAT-CAT is one of the most difficult entrance examinations in the country. Common Aptitude Test or CAT opens up the door to top b-schools in India including premium institutions like IIMs, FMS, MDI, IIT, NITIE, IIT, SP JAIN etc. CAT is not that easy to crack and candidates need a good percentile to move to the next level of selection process which entails Group Discussion, Essay and Personal Interview (GDPI). And only those candidates who clear all the levels will be considered eligible for admission.
- CMAT-CMAT difficulty level is a on the lower side to the CAT, CMAT is accepted by many colleges across India, and many top level colleges accepts CMAT score as their primary entrance exams. CMAT is moderately easy to crack.
- MAT-MAT stands for Management Aptitude Test. MAT is conducted by AIMA (All India Management Association) and is recognized by MHRD, GOI as a National Level Entrance Test. The exam is conducted 4 times a year.
Quality of colleges-
- CAT-CAT is conducted by IIM, this year 2019 CAT is conducted by IIM Kozhikode, all the top colleges in the country accepts CAT score like IIMs, FMS, MDI, IIT, NITIE, IIT, SP JAIN etc. A top scorer in CAT gets placed in a top college ensuring his career growth.
- CMAT-CMAT is conducted by AICTE and there are many top colleges and “A” category colleges which accepts CMAT. CMAT is a widely popular management entrance exams, CMAT 2020 is to be conducted on 28th January 2020.
- MAT-MAT is conducted by AIMA, and many B ranked colleges accepts MAT, MAT is held 4 times a year so there is a greater chance of getting into a good college than any other management entrance test, also there are 600 colleges under MAT, which increases the probability even more.
Number of test takers-
- CAT-CAT is widely popular amongst all the management aspirants, in CAT-19 there were approx 2.4 Lakhs participants. Every management aspirants wants to get placed in one of the top colleges, like IIMs or FMS etc, and all the top colleges accept CAT as their primary criterion for admissions.
- CMAT-CMAT is one of the top 3 most popular management entrance tests in India. Every year around 70000 students appears for the examination for management seats in top colleges in India.
- MAT-MAT has a very high popularity in India, every year around 20000 students appear for the management test in every cycle, there are 4 cycles in a year for many “B” ranking management colleges in India.
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any B-School related query or searching best MBA colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like CAT/XAT/SNAP etc.