Common Admission Test - CAT 2020 - Exam Date, Registration and Eligibility
The IIM - Indore will conduct computer based CAT 2020 on November 29, 2020 in two sessions.
CAT 2020 Exam has been scheduled on 29 November 2020, Registration will start from 5th August 2020.
Before applying for CAT 2019, it’s better to know the detailed eligibility criteria because once you applied for CAT Exam and you find not able to fulfill all the eligibility criteria then your registration fees are not refundable.
Below are detailed Eligibility Criteria –
- There is no age bar.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 50% of marks for Non reserved Category.
- The minimum percentage of marks in case of SC (Scheduled Caste), ST(Scheduled Tribes), and Person with Disabilities (PwD) is 45%.
- The degree must be awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor’s the degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- If the final year student get selected, he will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate
- Candidates applying for CAT 2019 should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree with the required percentage of marks (50% for Non - Reserved Category ad 45% for Reserved Category )
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage (50% for Non - Reserved Category ad 45% for Reserved Category ).
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree with required percentage (50% for Non - Reserved Category ad 45% for Reserved Category )The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
- In the case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution.
- If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website www.iimcat.ac.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of the minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs. Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
Registration Fees for SC/ST and Pwd categories Candidates - 1000 rs.
Registration Fees for all other categories of candidates - 2000 rs.
- Please note that once fees will be paid cannot be refunded under any circumstances
- Registration opens: August 05, 2020 (10:00 am)
- Registration closes: September 16, 2020 (5:00 pm)
- Admit card download: October 28 – November 29, 2020
- Test date: November 29, 2020
- Result declaration: Second week of January 2021 (Tentative)
CAT will be conducted in test centres spread across around 156 test cities. Candidates will be given the option to select any six test cities in order of their preference.
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any B-School related query or searching the best MBA colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also, we are here to give all the info on exams like CAT/XAT/SNAP, etc.