IIT Bombay-Eligibility, Admission and Details
IIT Bombay being one of the top rated engineering colleges in India is also one of the top governments B-School.
Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management was established under the IIT Bombay administration, commonly known as SJMSOM was established in 1995, and it served since then, as a premier institute for higher management studies and gained popularity amongst engineers. In 2000, the school was renamed to Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management, in honor of Dr. Shailesh J. Mehta who is a Mechanical Engineer graduate of IIT Bombay. The College is ranked 9th in the list of Top Government management colleges in India.
SJMSOM-Admission and Eligibility criteria
- Valid score in the Common Admissions Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management.
- Graduates (or professional qualification equivalent to that of a University degree recognized by the UGC) in any discipline with first-class or 60% marks earned in their degree from a recognized/reputed University or minimum 6.5 CGPA.
- The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of 4 years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally, on the condition that they meet all requirements for the qualifying degree before the start of the program and will produce provisional certificate of completion within two months of joining the program.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. If selected, such candidates will be allowed to join the programs provisionally, only if she/he submits a certificate by the due date.
SJMSOM-Courses and Fees
SJMSOM-IIT Bombay provides 4 courses in the field of management.
- Masters of Business Administration
Total Fees-Approx 8.4 Lakhs
- Executive MBA
Total Fees-Approx 36 Lakhs
- Executive program in Management
Total Fees-approx 2 Lakhs
- The candidate must have applied, appeared and scored the minimum required sectional and overall percentile in CAT 2019 to be considered for first stage screening process for admission at SJMSOM-IIT Bombay
- Candidate must apply for MBA Admission 2020 at SJMSOM-IIT Bombay latest by a prescribed date.
- Candidates are short-listed for Personal Interview (PI) and Written Ability Test (WAT) from among the candidates who have a valid CAT-2019 score, who have applied for admission to SJMSOM-IIT Bombay and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the program of SJMSOM-IIT Bombay
- The WAT & PI will be held first for domestic candidates. For International candidates, the WA & PI will be held thereafter. After the WAT & PI round, admission offers are made by SJMSOM-IIT Bombay to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a diverse set of attributes which includes performance in CAT, performance in WAT & PI, academics, extra-curricular achievements, work experience among others
- Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April 2020 on the basis of the Final Score arrived after awarding the weightage scores on all the components.
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any B-School related query or searching best MBA colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also we are here to give all the info on exams like CAT/XAT/SNAP etc.