MBA/PGDM in Retail Management
MBA/PGDM in Retail has become quite popular among students as it is evolving rapidly
Retail management has become one of the fastest growing careers in the industry with the tremendous growth in the economy. Retail Management is the process which helps the customers to procure the desired merchandise form the retail stores for their personal use. It includes all the steps required to bring the customers into the store and fulfill their buying needs. Retail management saves time and ensures the customers easily locate their desired merchandise and return home satisfied. Study in Retail Management is a very promising career in today’s fast paced economy; Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Retail Management) is a postgraduate course in management. It is the branch of management that deals with the aspects related with retail management. It is concerned with the latest concepts and practices regarding functional areas of management.
Focus of MBA/PGDM in Retail Management
MBA/PGDM in Retail has become quite popular among students as it is evolving rapidly, today almost every top B-school in cities like Delhi/Pune/Bangalore etc offers MBA/PGDM courses. Master of Business Administration [MBA] (Retail Management) is focused on management of retail business. Retail is single step interaction in small quantities between buyer and seller in the form of exchange of goods. Retail management is application of managerial skills for making the retail process more efficient and streamlined. This course aims to equip the students with the same managerial skills. Along with the general management perspective, this course provides an insight into fundamentals and practices concerned with functional areas of management. The students are taught to identify problems, think creatively and come up with innovative methods to improve and better the retail process.
- As a basic criterion of eligibility, to pursue this course the candidate needs to have attained a basic qualification of graduation in any field, from a recognized institute of higher learning.
- The next step in the procedure is to qualify any of management entrance tests like CAT/XAT/MAT etc.
- A college may also have its own admission procedure on the State level.
Why Retail Management
- Vast choice of jobs- After doing MBA/PGDM in Retail Management, you can have a vast choice of career options, you can choose anything from Retail Manager, Store Manager, Merchandiser, Marketing executive etc. See, If we have many choices than we can go for whichever best suits us and also can switch at any time, which will lead you to experience much diversity in the type of industry.
- Exciting day to day work- Dealing with customers, suppliers, and other members of the team on a continual basis means that no day is ever the same. Moreover, a store is constantly in motion, and rare is the day when you find yourself sitting back with nothing to do. Customer concerns are a constant responsibility of anyone in the retail field, in any position, and keeping up with their needs is a full-time job in and of itself. Retail is an ideal environment for those who thrive off a busy work culture that keeps you moving throughout the day.
- Balanced Life- Sometimes you have other commitments in your life that make working a regular nine-to-five difficult, or maybe you just prefer to keep irregular hours. If that’s the case, retail may have a particular draw for you in that it can offer a little more flexibility in its hours. Moreover, retail scheduling tend to allow more freedom in terms of taking certain days off, rather than being confined to a Monday to Friday grind.
- Respectable Paycheck- Considering the demand and supply in the market for a HR, they get a hefty paycheck every month in mostly every industry, if you’re able to earn MBA in HR from a reputed B-school, you will be able to take home a very respectable amount and it’s also a fact that among all other MBA specializations, MBA with HR gets promoted rapidly and so the development in portfolio of HR is rapid in compared to other mangers in the industry.
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any B-School related query or searching best MBA colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra.