VITEEE 2020 - Important Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus etc
Vellore Institute of Technology is a private deemed university and an Institute of Eminence located in the city of Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India
Vellore Institute of Technology is a private deemed university and an Institute of Eminence located in the city of Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India. VIT is a premium engineering college, which has record of excellence over the span of years since its birth in 1984, as Vellore Engineering College, by G. Vishwanathan, the institution offers 20 undergraduate, 34 postgraduate, four integrated and four research programs. VIT has shown excellence in every field of engineering, being a college with four campuses around India; it’s a much diversified college. Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is one of the most popular choices among the engineering students, and thus VITEEE witnesses around 4 lakh registrations each year.
VITEEE 2020 Application Form has been released. It will be a common entrance exam for VIT Vellore, VIT Chennai, VIT-AP and VIT Bhopal. It is a university level exam conducted once in a year across the country. VIT (Vellore Institute of Technology) will be conducting VITEEE 2020 for B. Tech admissions across the various campuses.
Registration start 27th September 2019
Last date of registration 29th February 2020
Last date to edit online application 29th February 2020
Starting of slot booking March 2020
Downloading of admit card after slot booking
VITEEE 2020 exam dates 2nd to 3rd week of April 2020
Result declaration 30th April 2020
Eligibility for getting into VIT
In order to get admission in VIT, VIT sets some eligibility criteria for the students applying for the henceforth academic year.
- Age Limit: Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1998 are eligible.
- Qualification: Class 12th appearing or completed candidate, intermediate or 2-year pre university, class 10th appearing or completed for foreign students, General Certificate Education (GCE) examination at Advanced (A) level, NIOS board candidates can apply.
- Subjects: Candidates appearing in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English (PCME) will be eligible for all B. Tech degrees program.
- Candidates appearing in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English (PCBE) will only are eligible for B. Tech BIO-Stream degree programs (bio-engineering, bio-technology, CSE with specialization. in bioinformatics & ECE with specialized in bio-medical engineering programs
- Percentage: Minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology (PCM/B) in intermediate. Candidate belonging to SC/ST or hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and Northern eastern state must have minimum of 50% score in PCM/B.
VIT Exam Pattern
VIT 2020 is an online computer based test, there will 125 questions framed in the form of multiple choice questions, 40 questions from math or Bio whichever your optional was, 35 from physics and 35 from chemistry, 10 questions from Aptitude and 5 from English. Total time allotted will be 2.5 hours and there will 4 marks awarded for every correct answer while there is no negative marking.
The syllabus for VIT is based on class 12th physics, chemistry, and mathematics/biology. Some various topics from Physics will be electromagnetic induction, alternating current, energy & power and much more. From Chemistry will be thermodynamics, chemical equilibrium, electro-chemistry & much more. From Biology will be genetics & evolution, taxonomy, health & disease etc. From Mathematics will be trigonometry, vector algebra, probability etc. The English paper will consist of English Grammar, pronunciation & comprehension.
For any query related to your further education whether it be Engineering/MBA/PGDM/Medical/Law etc, related to any field from colleges’ selection to exams and admissions too. You can trust us –Edumyra.