Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management IIT BombayMumbai . ESTD .
IIT Bombay, founded in 1958, has established itself as a premier world class teaching and research institution in technology and interdisciplinary programmes.
IIT Bombay established its management school in 1995 with the objective of transforming professionals with technological background .
In the year 2000, the school was renamed as Shailesh J Mehta School of Management, in honor of Dr. Shailesh J. Mehta, a distinguished alumnus of IIT Bombay and a generous contributor to the school.
- Master of Business Administration
- Doctoral Programme
- Management Development Programme
- Executive-Master of Business Administration
Master of Management Programme (MMgt) at the Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOM), IIT Bombay does not provide any specialization in management.
However, students are free to take the elective courses, available in different streams, as per their interest in the 2nd year of the programme.
SJMSOM has the most varied range of courses for students to opt as electives. Electives in the following management fields are offered:-
- Operations and Technology Management Elective Courses
- Quantitative Techniques Elective Courses
- Accounting and Finance Elective Courses
- Marketing Elective Courses
- General Management Elective Courses
- Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour Elective Courses
- International Business Elective Courses
- Economics and Strategy Elective Courses
- Information Technology Elective Courses
In addition to the above, the students can also choose institute electives and other approved electives courses from outside the Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management.
- QS World Ranking (Business & Management Studies) –Ranked 4th In 2019
- QS World Ranking (Business & Management Studies) –Ranked 3rd In 2018
- NIRF ranking (Management category) – Ranked 10th in 2019
|Courses Offered|| |
Banking and Finance Axis Bank, Fidelity Investments, Goldman Sachs, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Indus Valley Partners, Kotak Mahindra Bank and Nomura
Consulting/Analytics Accenture, Capgemini, Deloitte, GeP, Hitachi Consulting, IBM Consulting, Inspirage, PwC IT and Technology Capgemini, Cisco, CitiusTech IT Solutions, Dell, Google, Infosys, MAQ Software Solutions and Wipro
Healthcare & Others Abott, Cochlear, Glenmark, Piramal, DHL
FMCG/FMCD Asian Paints, Bennett Coleman & Co, Bisleri, Colgate-Palmolive, Givaudan, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oreal, Mondelez, Marico, Nestle and P&G
Manufacturing Cummins India, HP Inc., Jindal Steel and Power Limited, National Instruments, Tata Motors and others
After the CAT 2020 results are declared, the applicants are required to complete the online application form available
Candidate will have to scan and upload the following documents (as per size and dimensions specified) along with the application form:
- Passport size photograph
- Graduation Certificate
- CASTE certificate (If applicable)
- Physically disabled certificate for applicants with disability.
- CAT 2019 scorecard
The shortlisted candidates will be invited to appear for Written Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview. Shortlisted candidates are required to book the slots for WAT and PI as soon as the shortlist is released.
Applicant must satisfy one of the following criteria:-
1. A four year Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree in any discipline with first class or 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10 , from the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
2. CA/ICWA, with a first-class Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline having secured 60% marks (55% in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) in aggregate (including all years/semesters) or a minimum CPI of 6.5 (6 in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) out of 10.
3. Those appearing for the final degree examination can also apply. The admission in such cases will be subject to their fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria as stated in (1) or (2) at the time of joining the course.
4. SJSOM Accepts CAT Score Card.