The Subbaiah Institute of Medical Science Shivamogga
The Subbaiah Institute of Medical Science is called by name and style as “SUBBAIAH MEDICAL COLLEGE”. The Institute owns a 700-bedded multi-specialty Hospital and other ancillary medical amenities, as stipulated by the Medical Council of India (MCI). The Institute also has a well-equipped, hi-technology Research and Learning centre, which dove-tail into the post-graduate education programmes which are on the anvil.
Subbaiah Medical College is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences centered in Bangalore India. The University was set up in the year 1996 by government of Karnataka for the regulation and promotion of higeher education in health sciences throughout the state. The teaching hospital is operated under the recognition of Medical Council of India (MCI), which is a statutory body under the governance of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- The higher secondary examination of the Indian school Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subjects with English at a level not less than core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education OR other qualifications as recognized by Medical Council of India.
- The Candidate should have passed the qualifying examination which is 2nd PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or equivalent examination. The last two years of study comprising Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) with English as a compulsory subject, must have passed these subjects individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% of marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. In addition, in the competitive entrance test, the candidate must have secured not less than 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- In respect of candidates belonging to Schedule Caste, Schedule Tribes or Other Backward Class the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination and competitive entrance examination be 40% instead of 50% as stated above.
♦ Age: The candidates should have completed 17 years of age on or before 31st day of December of the year of admission.
State of the art air conditioned lecture theatres are designed spaciously to accommodate 180 students at a time. All the lecture theatres are facilitated with audio visual equipments such as LCD projectors, slide projectors, Microphones. Apart from the lecture theatres all the departments have A/C. Seminar Rooms / Demonstration Rooms with a capacity of 20 to 30 and are equipped with audio-visual aids.
- Four lecture halls, Gallery type with 180 students capacity at college equipped with E Class Facilities
- One lecture halls Gallery type with 300 students capacity at Hospital equipped with E Class Facilities
The lecture theatres are LAN connected for multimedia presentations operated from the central server. Digital IP cameras are fixed to record live lectures, which are in turn converted into digital format for the provision of E-learning.
|Fees:||Tuition fee- 7,87,000 Per Year Hostel fee- 1,25,000 Per Year Security- 1,00,000*|
|Other Courses Name|