MBBS in India
MBBS in India is one of the prior choices of students in India, students need to have completed their 12th as Biology as their optional subject after 10th standard. Medical colleges in India are considered as one of the best medical institutes all over the world, there are many top MBBS colleges in India. All the top MBBS colleges in India accept admissions through NEET which is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, held every year. MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, which is a combined followed by almost every commonwealth countries. MBBS in India is regarded as one of the most sought out degree after 12th, Medical colleges in India such as AIIMS-New Delhi, PGMIR-Chandigarh, CMC-Vellore etc are considered and respected as one of the best medical colleges around the globe, and is one of the top choices for pursuing MBBS in India.
NEET-At a Glance
|Full Name of the exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Conducted by||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Approx students appearing||Approx 15 Lakhs|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Number of Colleges under NEET-2020||355 Medical and 125 Dental College|
|Duration of Exam||3 Hours|
|Marking Scheme||+4 and -1|
|Total questions and Marks||45-Px4, 45-Cx4 and 90-Bx4|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
Top 10 Medical Colleges in India
|1||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)||New Delhi|
|2||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research||Chandigarh|
|3||Christian Medical College||Vellore|
|4||Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences||Lucknow|
|5||Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research||Kochi|
|6||Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi|
|7||Kasturba Medical College||Manipal|
|8||Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research||Puducherry|
|9||Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences||New Delhi|
|10||King George`s Medical University||Chennai|
MBBS in India is considered as one of the top choices of students after 12th, after B. Tech, MBBS is one of the prior choices among aspirants.
|Minimum Scores in 12th||50% for General and 45% for SC/ST|
|Best MBA college in India||AIIMS New-Delhi|
|Total Colleges (Approx.)||Approx 400+|
MBBS in India -Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for MBBS in India can be categorized as follows-
• Age- If we talk about minimum and maximum age for MBBS in India, it is 17 years and 25 years respectively. The minimum age for MBBS in India is at least 17 years of age while the maximum age is restricted to 25 years as on taking the respective entrance exam.
• Academic qualification- A candidate must have completed his/her 12th as Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects in their 10+2 studies for becoming eligible for MBBS in India. Additionally a candidate must have scored at least 50% aggregate in his/her 12th, a relaxation of 10% is given to the reserved category candidates for MBBS in India.
• Entrance Exam- NTA (National Testing Agency) has regulated all the state medical entrance exam into one single exam that is NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), so all candidates must have scored on or above the cutoff for that session for MBBS in India.
MBBS in India-Admission Process
For earning a MBBS in India, it is not a very complex process, lets’ categorize the A-Z of admissions in MBBS in India
• Entrance Exams- For MBBS in India, you shall appear for the respective entrance exams, mostly all medical colleges in India, accepts admissions on the basis of NEET, but there are some Medical colleges which conducts their own in-house entrance test for medical education.
• Merit List-After the exams are conducted, NTA and all the top medical colleges in India declares their individual merit list which is used for admissions in top MBBS colleges in India. Candidates who qualify the merit score are invited to apply for the next step in the admissions at MBBS colleges in India.
• Counseling- After all the colleges have declared their merit list and all the candidates who have passed the merit list are called, colleges take the counseling process, in which medical seats are allotted on the basis of the score of the candidates in the exam. Counseling is the last step for getting admission for MBBS in India.
• Fees and seat booking- Some colleges accept a part share of the total fees from the students in order to book their seats for respective MBBS colleges.
Documents needed for qualifying for MBBS in India
- ID Proof (Aadhar Card/Pan Card/Passport etc)
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Letter
- Date of Birth Proof-Birth Certificate
- Class 10th Marksheet/Pass Certificate
- Class 12th Marksheet/Pass Certificate
- 8 Passport size certificate (same as used in application form)
- Provisional allotment letter
- Gap year affidavit (In case. If there was a gap after 12th)
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Income Certificate of guardian
Why MBBS in India?
MBBS in India is a very popular career amongst students, in fact students from around the world look to India for pursuing their medical career. Every year more than 15 lakhs aspirants take the NEET entrance test which is the national level medical entrance test. Medical colleges in India are considered as one of the best around the world. So, let’s see try to answer the question, Why MBBS in India?
- Top Medical Colleges-There are many top medical colleges in India which are even respected and considered as one of the best on a global scale. Top colleges like AIIMS, BHU IMS etc are one of the main reasons for the respect earned for MBBS in India.
- Course and Curriculum-The course and curriculum followed by MBBS colleges in India are considered as one of the best in world, MBBS in India has a very detailed and yet sophisticated course and curriculum which helps in designing a perfect blend in meeting to the international medical standards.
- Indian Doctors-There is no doubt that Indian doctors are considered as one of the best in world, additionally there is a great reputation and respect for Indian doctors in every medical society around the world, which becomes also a motivational reason for pursuing MBBS in India.
- Fees-The fees in Indian government medical schools are very low as compared to that of medical colleges in foreign countries, which attracts many foreign students every year for pursuing MBBS in India.
|#||MBBS Colleges||College Fees||Location||View Colleges|
|1||MIMER Medical College Pune||Tuition fee- 9,56,025 Per Year Hostel fee- 55,000 Per Year Security fee(refundable)- 1,00,000||Pune||View Details →|
|2||Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospital Bhubaneshwar||Tuition fee- 11,00,000 Per Year Hostel fee- 85,000 Per Year Security fee(refundable)- 1,00,000||Bhubaneshwar||View Details →|
|3||The Subbaiah Institute of Medical Science Shivamogga||Tuition fee- 7,87,000 Per Year Hostel fee- 1,25,000 Per Year Security- 1,00,000||Shivamogga||View Details →|
|4||Shri Guru Ram Rai Institute of Medical and Health Sciences Dehradun||Tuition fee- 13,22,000 Hostel fee- 1,50,000 Security fee (refundable)- 3,00,000||Dehradun||View Details →|
|5||Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Medical College Bengaluru||Tuition fee- 7,87,000 Per Year Hostel fee- 1,50,000 Per Year Security fee(refundable) – 1,00,000||BANGALORE||View Details →|
|6||LN Medical College Bhopal (LNMC Bhopal)||Tuition fee- 11,30,000 Hostel fee- 1,00,000 Security fee(refundable)- 25,000||Bhopal||View Details →|
|7||Rohilkhand Medical College And Hospital Bareilly||Tuition fee-10,81,000 Per Year Hostel fee- 1,50,000 Per Year Security fee(refundable)- 3,00,000||Bareilly||View Details →|
|8||Saraswathi Institute of Medical Sciences Hapur||11,05,000 Per Year Hostel fee-1,50,000 Per Year Security fee(refundable)-3,00,000||Hapur||View Details →|
|9||Prasad Institute of Medical Sciences Lucknow||Fees Tuition fee- 8,50,000 per year Hostel fee- 1,50,000 per year Security fee(refundable)-3,00,000||Lucknow||View Details →|
|10||Heritage Institute of Medical Sciences VaranasI||Tuition fee- 10,31,000 Per Year Hostel fee-1,50,000 Per Year Security fee(refundable)-3,00,000||Varanasi||View Details →|
|11||Swami Vivekanand Subharti University||FeesTuition Fee -8,50,000 Hostel fee -1,50,000 Security fee(refundable)- 3,00,000||Meerut||View Details →|
|12||AMALTAS INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES||5,00,000/Year Approx||Dewas||View Details →|
|13||Mayo Institute Of Medical Sciences||10.67Lacs Per Year Approx||Barabanki||View Details →|
|14||TS Mishra Medical College & Hospital||11.04Lacs Per Year Approx||Lucknow||View Details →|
|15||GCRC Institute Of Medical Sciences||8.50Lacs Per Year Approx||Lucknow||View Details →|
|16||Sarswati Medical College||10.55Lacs Per Year Approx||Unnao||View Details →|
|17||GS Medical College & Hospital||8.50Lacs Per Year Approx||Hapur||View Details →|
|18||Kanti Devi(KD) Medical College Hospital and Research Center||11.47Lacs Per Year Approx||Mathura||View Details →|
|19||Krishna Mohan Medical College||8.50Lacs Per Year||Mathura||View Details →|
|20||Varun Arjun Medical College||11.10Lacs||Shahjahanpur||View Details →|
|21||Rajshree Medical Research Institute||9.84Lacs/yer||Bareilly||View Details →|
Loan and Financial Assistance for MBBS in India:
The government medical colleges in India offers a very cheap MBBS but otherwise, If a candidate wishes to opt for loan for pursuing MBBS in India, he/she can look up to many public and private sector banks, many banks in India provides education loan on the basis of your college call letter, or you can also take advantage of many schemes running by state and central government for promoting higher education in India.View more Colleges : Medical Colleges in India